If you're looking at using National Australia Bank for your international money transfer needs, this page contains detailed step by step instructions on how to get it done.
Assuming you have an account open with NAB:
Here is how to send money overseas:
- Login to your NAB Internet Banking Account with your username and password.
- Select the "New international transfer" via the "Funds Transfer"
- Choose the correct account you’re transferring funds out of from the "From account" drop-down list.
- Through the "Saved beneficiary" drop down you can pay someone you've previously paid.
- Select the country you wish to transfer funds to, followed by the currency. Different currencies can be chosen depending on your preference.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer. After the amount is entered the international transfer rate will be displayed as well as the transfer fee.
- You can choose to select a "radio button". This allows you to either take the international fee from your account or from the money you are sending.
- Enter the receiver's bank details.
- Enter the receiver's details including SWIFT or BIC code.
- Add a description of what will appear on the bank statement.
- Select either "one-off transfer" or "periodic transfer", then provide the date of the transfer.
- Click "next".
- Enter your security code and click "next".
- Click on "Accept and transfer" and you're done!
If you're not registered with NAB:
If you don't have National Australia Bank Internet Banking or NAB Connect setup you need to to visit your local branch to either set up an account or conduct the money transfer there. To complete this step, the following items are required for the consultation:
- Photo Identification
- Full name of the beneficiary receiving the funds
- Street address of beneficiary
- The country the funds will be sent to
- Name of the bank receiving the money
- Swift code of the receiving bank (The IBAN number is required if the money is being sent to Europe)
Now that you know how to send money abroad here are some points to keep in mind before sending money overseas.
- For any international money transfers done with Internet Banking through NAB a standard fee of $22 is required.
- Credit Card accounts cannot send or receive funds internationally.
- To make international money transfers you will need to register for SMS security with NAB.
- As long as you’re within your daily limit you can make as many transfers as you like.
- Transfer of funds are usually received within 72 hours by the beneficiary's bank. If the bank is not the beneficiary's it may take longer to arrive.
- To discover how to transfer funds via NAB Connect click through to NAB's quick reference guide.
If you have any more questions you can click through to the NAB FAQ.
For any further support you can call the Internet Banking Team on 1300 651 656 in Australia (or +61 3 8641 9886 from overseas) 7am - 9pm, Mon-Fri and 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT).